Amp for listening electronic pop music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, currently I am using Cambridge Audio 640C V2, a China tube-amp with Monitor Audio MA700 gold. I found that the vocal is very nice, but it is too bright, and the bass is not enough punchy.

When I changed the speakers to Whafedale Diamond 8.2, the bass is punchy, but the sound is a bit slow

Besides, when I changed the amp to NAD 302, the sound is stronger.

So I am thinking should I use to solid-state amp? Is Audiolab 8000A, Creek Evo or NAD a good choice for me?

My musical taste is mainly electronic pop music, like pet shop boys, kraftwerk and depeche mode. my current system cannot represent the bass, so I want to change my gear.

Also, I listen to some dance music like Underworld or Chemical Bros, plus pop music or indie rock .

I hope that my demand on both vocal and bass is not too much for an entry-level amp. Thanks for advice.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I don't know what your budget is, but I have a Cyrus 8vs2 amp. It copes easily with the type of music you like. The issue maybe the bass. I listen to mine using a Cyrus CD player, and ProAc Studio 110 standmounts. The bass is fine for me, but maybe you would want more. The only thing to do is listen and decide for yourself.

A

Anonymous

I think my budget is under $500 USD (I am from Hong Kong), I know that Naim is famous for the representation of the rhythm . But it over-budget....I heard that Creek is a cheap substitute of Naim. And is Denon good for listening dance music? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Buy the NAD C352 on ebay or something
emotion-2.gif
i am sure it would fit your budget and is definitely one of the best budget amps.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I listen to a lot of electronic pop music (although more the 80's than current) and the best amps i have found for this so far are NAD and Arcam.

Both bring a warmth and vibrancy that more clinical amps such as Cyrus dont achieve with this kind of sound.

A

Anonymous

Arcam or Nad once again. Cyrus is too edgy, Naim too suited to accoustic and Marantz are too soft.

My Arcam A32 with KEF IQ30 speakers is seriously good at electronic. Seriously good!

A

Anonymous

I'm with Hughes - Arcam's A32 really gets hold of the bottom and excells with the sort of music you like. I listen to all sorts of stuff and the genre that really excels with top end Arcam is electronic, ambient, trip hop stuff imho.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comment
I have shortlist some amps in 2nd hand market, the prices are all around $550 USD

NAD372
exposure 2010s
arcam A85
Creek evo

I am using NAD 302, generally I am satisfy with it (for a $80 amp!), but sometimes I feel noisy and tired when I listen to it, so I am finding if there is other good alternative.

Cheers again..

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Where is the best place to look for the arcam a32, as they seem to have been all snapped up now?

The cheapest I have seen is £699, is this a good price?

Phil

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
eBay/Linetone Audio

And yes; thats a very good price seeing as they retailed for twice as much!

Dont rule out 2nd hand examples though if they come up on eBay!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
monster7:Thanks for your comment
I have shortlist some amps in 2nd hand market, the prices are all around $550 USD

NAD372
exposure 2010s
arcam A85
Creek evo

I am using NAD 302, generally I am satisfy with it (for a $80 amp!), but sometimes I feel noisy and tired when I listen to it, so I am finding if there is other good alternative.

Cheers again..

For me; out of the above list it would have to the the Arcam or NAD

TBH though there are other amps out there which you havent mentioned which would be very good as well.

- NAD C352 integrated (new or 2nd hand)
- NAD C355BEE integrated
- Arcam Alpha 9 or 10 integrated (2nd hand via eBay; they can also be upgraded at the same time/later dae by adding their matching power amps)
- Rotel RA-04 (new or 2nd hand)

TRENDING THREADS