Amp capability with speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I've just bought DENON UD-M30 amplifier without speakers. I would like to know, which speakers are the best for this amplifier, it has to be very good fusion with bass and treble. Price can be around 100£.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

For £100 you aren't going to be shaking the room with any dub reggae, but I use some Gale Gold monitors with an older Denon mini in the kitchen and it's a very pleasing sound. Deeper bass than I would have imagined (helped no doubt by the wall placement and the kitchen unit surface.

A

Anonymous

I forgot to mention that I have it in my bedroom. I was thinking about B&W bookshelf speakers, older ones. Is it suitable for this amplifier? Can I expect good sound?

A

Anonymous

Well it is very low powered, so make sure the ones you get are quite sensitive, but anything over 88-90 would be ok. I also used some MS902's on that unit and it sounded pretty good.

It's possible you could get some B&W 601's for around £100 on ebay, and they may be better (I am guessing), but deserve much better amplification, but if you're willing to go second hand, they will at least survive an upgrade in source/amplification...

A

Anonymous

Yes, getting the B&W's is pretty risky, because amplifier is only up to 100W. But is your Gale Gold better than MS902? Now I am looking for Gale on ebay, price is quite well. I read some forums and found suggesting Q Acoustics 2010/2020 bookshelf speakers. New costs about 140£, I don't know whether it is worth for me to buy... What do you think?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I would avoid B&W's as their impedance drops to 4ohms - you've only got about 20wpc to play with with the DM30 (maybe even 15wpc, I forget now), so stick to 8ohm speakers and high sensitivity - something at least 88dB - even higher iff possible.

Eargasm said:
Hello,

I've just bought DENON UD-M30 amplifier without speakers. I would like to know, which speakers are the best for this amplifier, it has to be very good fusion with bass and treble. Price can be around 100£.

Thanks

Hi Eargasm

Monitor Audio's BR1's or BR2's are worth a look as both of these models work well with Denon micro systems :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Maybe who can tell where I can buy Monitor Audio's BR1 or BR2 in best price? I prefer online shop. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts