Amp and Speakers for around £500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am looking at upgrading my midi system to seperates. I am only looking for an amp and speakers at the moment as I have Technic 1210 decks which I use to mix with most of the time. I am into my dance music (Trance and Progressive House)

Reading What Hi-Fi I am considering a Rotel RA-04 or -05 amp plus Monitor Audio BR2's. Do you guys think these are compatiable, or are there better combinations out there. Obviously I will listen to any setup in a shop before I buy. Is this setup right for dance music or should I be considering something else.

What about floorstanders (My room is only 3mx4m)

Any comments appreciated.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi daveb1702,
The Rotel RA 04/Monitor Audio BR2 is an excellent combination. We tested Marantz's new PM6002 amp (£270) in the Jan 08 issue, and that's well worth a listen, too. It'll work well with the BR2s as well.

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

how about a nad c315bee amp (£149) and the monitor audio rs1's(£349) or for a bit more you could get the nad c325bee although im not sure what them amps are like and weather they partner your cd player well

ive heard theres a 25% off discount on certain monitor audio speakers?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
nad seems to be very popular these days but i believe the c325 needs a seperate phono stage which ups the price a bit.marantz are worth a look and mision have a new line out now but i think the rotel and ma bronze would be a good combimation or b&w speakers work well in tandem with rotel amps but i think it takes it over your budget.cambridge audio and mordaunt short is another option but again a phono stage is needed for the cambridge amp.why not have a look on the superfi website or richer sounds,with the sales on now you could pick up a bargain.good luck,grgeory.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
The Rotel RA-04/Monitor Audio BR2 sound very good together. I just bought the RS1 so I'm waiting for them to sound better but I still have my 'old' BR2 speakers just in case I do not like the RS1 eventually. You can't go wrong with the BR2, remember they only cost 340 euros per pair (Holland).

A

Anonymous

Went to to a Music Matters shop today to discuss options. They said that as I am using decks with a mixer (has a built in pre-amp), having a integrated amp will produce too much gain. They suggested getting a power amp instead. They are setting up a Rotel RB06 and B&W 685's along with my mixer for me to listen to on Wed.

Do you guys agree with this suggestion?

A

Anonymous

I'm also hoping to get the Rotel RA-04/BR2 combo, can anyone suggest a good place to buy them online given that I live miles away from a Hi-Fi shop (North Scotland) and would rather not have to travel to get them? I'm a total novice at buying hi-fis so any help would be appreciated. :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="daveb1702"]
Went to to a Music Matters shop today to discuss options. They said that as I am using decks with a mixer (has a built in pre-amp), having a integrated amp will produce too much gain. They suggested getting a power amp instead. They are setting up a Rotel RB06 and B&W 685's along with my mixer for me to listen to on Wed.

[/quote]
The suggestion about the power amp is good. I'd do that too if I were you. Makes little sense to have an integrated if you already have a pre which you are satisfied with.
The only point I wanna make is: don't dismiss the idea of a Rotel integrated altogether unless you have listened to it. Or ask your dealer if he can arrange a a/b test. Take your deck there and do an a/b test. Remember, synergy matters. So I'd also check whether Rotel power amp combined with your deck's pre would be as good.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="daveb1702"]

[/quote]
Try that combo with the RS1s too as you might prefer them. They suit the Rotel amps well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts