A

Anonymous

Really depends on budget and such but for second hand, you can't go wrong with Rotel RA-03, NAD C352 or Marantz PM 7001.

A

Anonymous

Thanks newbie,

Thinking of something in the range of a rotel alright. Have you heard the rotel RA-05 or RA-06?

A

Anonymous

The RA-05 is the same as the 04 except one is minus the remote control. It doesn't have the power of the mentioned amps and therefore doesn't have the control that those amps do, so that is why I didn't mention it. I haven't heard the RA0-6 though

A

Anonymous

However if you really do need new on a budget, I would look at the NAD C326

A

Anonymous

Technics SU-9600 Hi-fi Stereo control center and SE-9600 Hifi stereo power amp

ebay item 220487029372 ... start price £1500 (he will be lucky to get £1500, but a really good system and collectors item... he may accept a lesser amount if no bids)

nice, but will not suit most people's budgets ....

----------------------------------------

however amps such as a Pioneer Sa-9800 or SA- 8500 or Yamaha CA-2010 or KA650 or Musical Fidelity A3.2 or Marantz 1200 ...

or ... or ....(loads of bagains on ebay of really good quality vintage/classic gear) .... good luck!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Try the Rotel RA-04 (which sounds very powerful, only 40 watts but don't be fooled by that number) or maybe the Nad C326BEE. The BR2's are easy to drive (had them myself) so power will not be much of a problem.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I don't know how they sound but these are some ugly amps............the're so ugly I wouldn't want them in my house no matter how good they sounded. But that's just me
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

buy a pioneer A-400 amp off ebay for under £130 and you will be well pleased!

A

Anonymous

Thanks all,

I do want a brand new amp and I think I'll demo the rotels....

Cheer's for the sound advice

hop there's no liverpool fans among you
emotion-9.gif

T

the record spot

You might consider the Harman Kardon HK980 at £230 from Richer Sounds. Good spec, no reviews to date, but it seems like it could be a good, if rather unsung contender.

A

Anonymous

On a seperate issue. How do I upload my avatar. I've gone through the guide in my account but when I select a file from my pictures it won't upload. Don't worry the picture won't be of me....

Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts