Amp Advice Please!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just been given a pair of B&W CDM1SE speakers and atacama stands by a friend. After the initial excitement, I realised the rest of my hifi kit probably was never going to do these justice (Rotel RA 931 amp, Yamaha CDX493 CD player). Can anyone suggest a good non-break the bank amplifier upgrade that would start to get these babies singing? Was considering NAD c370, Arcam Alpha 9 etc (both seem to be going for not too much on the second hand market). Also would people suggest bi-wiring them?

Cheers for the advice!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
...just to counter that. Listen first. The Rotel might work fine, if any component deserves more money than anything else, its the speakers. And dont bother replacing the jumpers. It makes absolutely no positive difference.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"]...just to counter that. Listen first. The Rotel might work fine, if any component deserves more money than anything else, its the speakers. And dont bother replacing the jumpers. It makes absolutely no positive difference.[/quote]

Don't listen to Fr0g. Replace the Jumpers like Matthewpiano says. It makes absolutely the world of difference.
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts