Amp advice (M3I, A28, A38, Roksan Kandy K2)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

My question is how does the Musical Fidelity's M3I amp compare to the Arcam A28, A38 and the Roksan Kandy K2. I realise the answer is down to personal preference but as I am new to the game i'd really appreciate some advice from someone with experience regarding these types of amps. I had hoped WHF would review the M3I but I am yet to see anything therefore thought I would ask you guys.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Haven't heard the MF, out of the others I'd take the A38. Also consider Creek and Pioneer, both of which won a recent round-up in another publication of amplifiers which included both the MF and Arcam.

A

Anonymous

I would suggest the M3i. I think its just got it over the arcams slightly. I find the arcam to be a little to unexcitable in comparison to the M3i. That's not to say the MF M3i is particularly forward in any region it just seems to be able to produce the more dynamic moments in music with far more ease. The textures it presents on complex sounds like cellos and violins are pretty amazing also.

I'm sure if you demo it won't disappoint

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Haven't heard the M3i, but the M6i is excellent. I've spent a few hours with the M6i and I really liked it. However, I'm not sure what technology the M6 and M3 share. I still think the K2 is great VFM. When it comes to amps that really offer a step up from the good budget amps, I think the K2 is the best choice.

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone for the advice I didn't expect replyies this quick. I will try and arrange a demo next week at my local dealer, will keep you posted on what I find.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS