Am I upgrading or downgrading?

robain

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi all!

I currently have a pair of Jamo S608's, running of an old Nad 306.
It's a budget solution, but has been great for me for the last 4 years.

I am now moving to a new house, where I can't really properly place the floorstanding Jamo's anymore.
I have audio cabling running in the ceiling to all four corners of the living room in the new house.
The living room is roughly 30m2 with a 15m2 kitchen attached to it.

I am considering a Denon AVR-X2200W with a pair of B&W 685 S2 as front speakers and for music.
I would then add a pair of Artsound in-ceiling speakers as rear left and rear right.
Lastly I would then consider adding in a BK P12-300SB sub.

Any comments or suggestions?
Is the sub necessary with the 685s?
Are the CM1's worth the extra money over the 685s?
Purely for music, is the Denon AVR-X2200W going to be an upgrade over the Nad 306?

robain said:
Hi all!

I currently have a pair of Jamo S608's, running of a Nad 306.It's a budget solution, but has been great for me for the last 4 years.

I am now moving to a new house, where I can't really properly place the floorstanding Jamo's anymore.I have audio cabling running in the ceiling to all four corners of the living room in the new house.The living room is roughly 30m2 with a 15m2 kitchen attached to it.

I am considering a Denon AVR-X2200W with a pair of B&W 685 S2 as front speakers and for music.I would then add a pair of Artsound in-ceiling speakers as rear left and rear right.Lastly I would then consider adding in a BK P12-300SB sub.

Any comments or suggestions?Is the sub necessary with the 685s?Are the CM1's worth the extra money over the 685s?Purely for music, is the Denon AVR-X2200W going to be an upgrade over the Nad 306?

The problem is only you can say whether it is an upgrade or not. A shop demo is essential as music is a very personal thing. What I like might be totally different to yours.

I have heard Jamo speakers way back when... a friend had a pair but can't remember the model number, but they looked more at home on a disco floor. The only other thing I can recall is they had horn tweeters.

You need to find the nearest B&W dealer and give them a test.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
robain said:
Hi all!

I currently have a pair of Jamo S608's, running of a Nad 306.It's a budget solution, but has been great for me for the last 4 years.

I am now moving to a new house, where I can't really properly place the floorstanding Jamo's anymore.I have audio cabling running in the ceiling to all four corners of the living room in the new house.The living room is roughly 30m2 with a 15m2 kitchen attached to it.

I am considering a Denon AVR-X2200W with a pair of B&W 685 S2 as front speakers and for music.I would then add a pair of Artsound in-ceiling speakers as rear left and rear right.Lastly I would then consider adding in a BK P12-300SB sub.

Any comments or suggestions?Is the sub necessary with the 685s?Are the CM1's worth the extra money over the 685s?Purely for music, is the Denon AVR-X2200W going to be an upgrade over the Nad 306?

The problem is only you can say whether it is an upgrade or not. A shop demo is essential as music is a very personal thing. What I like might be totally different to yours.

I have heard Jamo speakers way back when... a friend had a pair but can't remember the model number, but they looked more at home on a disco floor. The only other thing I can recall is they had horn tweeters.

You need to find the nearest B&W dealer and give them a test.

You can't beat a home demo imho, the shop demo will give you some idea of the sound...but you really need to hear them in your own home where the accoustics will be different. I know this is not always posssible, but you just can't beat listening in your own room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts