Am i on the right track with my setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have an Arcam Alpha One with some Dali Zensor 1s. I was going to get a sub to fill out the bottom end but i thought i'd get a decent power amp first giving myself a sound upgrade and the necessary connections to add a sub and another pair of speakers and/or biamp. I came across the Arcam Delta 260P but then i found the 260 can be switched to a power amp so i thought get that, use it as a power amp with the One until i sell it and later get the 260P.

So is it good to get the power amp before adding a sub? Don't know if i'll get passive or active yet.

Cheers!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi

You can't bi-amp the Dali's as they only have a single set of speaker terminals.

To bi-amp you need a set of speakers with 4 terminals. One set of terminals are for the high frequences (HF) which you would connect your integrated amp to, the other set are for the low frequencies (LF) which you connect your power amp to.

If you're looking at a second set of speakers to run in unison with the Dali's then i wouldn't bother as they'll just sound a horrible mess.

A

Anonymous

Thanks! Yeah it's for if i upgrade, then i'd have the speaker outputs to biwire and connect a sub. Biampings a whole other subject anyway, i haven't looked into it yet.

I'm also thinking of using the amp as a monitor controller with the dalis and a pair of monitors, the sub could be connected to the preamp, i don't know how well this would integrate but at least i would have the flexibility.

I like the Alpha One but it's a bit smooth and laid back so i'd like something with greater accuracy and detail. If i get the 290 i guess i could get a different power amp if i wanted something a bit more analytical. I'd also like to hear the Dalis with a better amp. although i don't know if the 290 will be a good match.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS