almost blank slate (except for a pair of 805s)

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Well, i have just got rid of some of my kit during a house move (classe cap-2100 amp and cyrus 8x cd). All i have left are a pair of B&W 805's, a pioneer 969 DVD player, a PS3 and an apple TV with 300 lossless albums.

I have allowed myself 5K to spend. i am based in singapore and so cannot always demo things easily. i listen to music mostly (jazz, female vocalists) and would like to get back into movies ( i have 250 DVD's).

I cannot go to a full home cinema set up as the room is too large 5m* 8m and there is nowhere to put the rear speakers so i am left with a 2 or 3 speakers (plus sub) set up.

I can get a new arcam avr 600 for 2.5k which is likely the easiest option (connect everything via HDMI) and add a HTM4s centre speaker. I woul dnot be making th emost of 7.1 system however and am likely sacrificing some musical quality compared to the classe cap-2100 and cyrus cd8x

I would love to hear ideas from folks for other options

A

Anonymous

Spending so much on a AV amp and listening to it in 3.1 sounds crazy to me.

If you reallly can't have rear speakers, get a good stereo setup. If you liked Cyrus how about a CDXTSE, DACXP and a pair of Mono X.

If you really want home cinema you've got to find a wall to side or rear to put some surround speakers or get some stands for them to place them in the room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts