Seeing as some people are posting about new albums here:

Heres some I'm looking forward to listening to and most probably buying:

- Jimi Hendrix - Valleys of Neptune

-BRMC's -Beat the Devil's Tatoo

-Joe Bonamassa- Black Rock

-Seasick Steve - Songs of Elisabeth

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately I expect the Hendrix will have all the soul knocked out of it and be limited and compressed to hell, as per the modern mastering norm
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

Agreed Stumpy. As far as the modern way of mastering goes louder = better yet it robs music of much of the excitement :-(. Here's to older recordings unremastered!

A

Anonymous

Inter 84:

Black Rock by Joe Bonamassa is not yet on spotify, so I look forward to hearing that one ... I bought his Blues Deluxe cd a few weeks ago and there are some really good tracks on there

As for the Hendrix, the best produced/recorded album in my opion has to be Electric Ladyland ... soundstage is superb ...

I used to own the original on vinyl ... was a double lp ... (cover had a pics of nude women) ... the cover was later replaced with the pic of his face ....

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
dim_span:Inter 84:

Black Rock by Joe Bonamassa is not yet on spotify, so I look forward to hearing that one ... I bought his Blues Deluxe cd a few weeks ago and there are some really good tracks on there

As for the Hendrix, the best produced/recorded album in my opion has to be Electric Ladyland ... soundstage is superb ...

I used to own the original on vinyl ... was a double lp ... (cover had a pics of nude women) ... the cover was later replaced with the pic of his face ....

It's not released until March, I pre-ordered it last night with Play.Com.

FYI, He's in concert on Paul Jone's R & B show on Radio 2 sometime in February. A must listen if you ask me.

I've seen Joe a couple of times live, and he is superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts