Album Bands

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This may be me, but it seems recently that there are not that many great albums coming out in the volumes that they used to. Yes, most records have 2 or 3 good/standout tracks on them, but I usually find myself disappointed after a purchase. (This does not include the 2 great Maccabees albums I have recently bought)

This may be due to a variety of reasons:-

1: Having a young family reduces my time to seek great albums out

2: There really is a reduction in good albums being produced due to singles download culture

3: Im getting less patient with music that sounds like regurgitated stuff from a few years ago

4: The air time good music gets now is minimal.

If I am wrong I would welcome enlightenment, and suggestions of some good albums to check out! Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I tend to agree with you to a certain degree. I have bought albums by a few bands which I was already a fan of, only to be dissapointed with the number of filler tracks. I do find many albums seem to have a longer running time than the old days of vinyl. I bet if a couple of tracks were omitted and the running time was closer to 45 mins then they would seem a better album.

On the other hand through the things like spotify, this forum and cheap internet cd prices, I have have got into far more music in the last couple of years than in the previous 5-10 years.

I'm in the same boat as you having a young family means that the only place I really get to listen to music is in my works van using my iPod. I can't remember the last time I sat down with a cuppa in the 'hotspot' just chilling to a couple of albums.

matthewpiano

I agree to a certain extent too, although there are bands out there producing complete albums rather than just collections of singles. One that particularly springs to mind is Midlake. Their latest album is astonishingly good and has a really organic feel to it.

A

Anonymous

@Just188 - completely agree with all that you've said. Perhaps it's something to do with the declining attention span of the population - too many are happy to download a dubious quality MP3 single from an otherwise forgettable album then stick it on a personal playlist with not an ounce of soul or meaning. No stamina for a proper journey through a proper album. In that case maybe we get what we deserve and music is just incredibly formulaic and trite these days because that's what we wished for once upon a time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts