AKG 701 Why never tested?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had a pair for 12 months now, and have found them to be the most accurate headphone i've ever used, including music production. They did take over 400hrs to burn-in, but the resulting sound justifies the time. Traul the internet and there are many positive reviews, including one that fills numerous A4 pages. Does What-hifi still have tunnel vision on brands?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Maybe they will test the new 702s ?

The gripe I always have with magazines such as WHF, is that headphones are classed as 'accessories'. I never understood why they don't have a heading of their own under hifi ;(

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Headphones have their own dedicated section in the hi-fi part of our in-mag Buyer's Guide. We've spoken about moving them to their own section online, too - once we get the current server issues sorted, we'll consider it again.

As for AKG - no brand blindness: four pairs of AKG headphones in our Buyer's Guide, including the AKG K601s which we tested last year. However, we didn't rate them too highly against the competition, which may be why we haven't tested too much from them since!

We'll check out the newer models.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts