Airport Problems since iTunes upgrade - back to basics

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded iTunes recently the sound is all over the place with crackling and distortion evident during playback, epecially on the 2 aiports that are using their own internal DAC. I'm running a windows xp laptop with iTunes 9.2 and 3 airport expresses installed in client mode on my existing wireless network. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has found this problem after an upgrade to 9.2? In terms of going back to basics I'd like to check a few setting with people in the know. In Quicktime audio preferences I have the following settings selected: Play Audio Using - Safe mode (waveOUT only) Sound out - rate 44.1khz Size - 16 bit Default music synthesizer - Quicktime Music Synthesizer I should say that all airports have been working perfectly well for around a year using iTunes up to now and still sounding fine using Spotify through Airfoil which has confused me somewhat. Any thoughts appreciated Thanks Mark

A

Anonymous

Answering my own post - oh dear!

After a half a day of tearing my hair out and trying all sorts of things with my wireless network a very simple thing has removed all distortion & crackling for me.

Simply by unticking the "disable iTunes volume control for remote speakers" box in iTunes and sliding the volume in itunes down to three quarters all is well - a completely different world of sound. Unbelievable.

How can that be? I'd always assumed it was best to have that box ticked in preferences and let the amp volume sort everything out. I've had it that way for over a year and its worked fine until recently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts