AirPort Express

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at getting the AirPort express rather than swapping my rDAC for the wireless version.

So would setting it up simply be a case of connecting it to the existing network in the house (wirelessly?) And then connecting it to my Mac with the AirPort utility? Then onto the Dac.

Thanks for any help

John Duncan

That's correct, yes; the AEX has an optical output hidden in its headphone socket.

Note that the AEX downsamples audio to 16/44, if that matters to you, and that you are limited to streaming content from your iTunes library, unless you buy airfoil or (apparently, I haven't tried it) if you're running Mountain Lion.

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Everything is on itunes and ripped from CDs or downloaded, so there's nothing higher than 16/44.

Also does the asynchronous USB v Optical thing come in to this if its being streamed? I doubt I'd notice either way!

And the other reply reminds me of my other question; if the Wifi is down then would I be unable to stream too?

Thanks for your help

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Another question sorry!

The connection is only between my Mac and the Airport? Which both use the existing WiFi? It's not like the sharing part of itunes which puts it out to any other computers on the main network.

All this streaming stuff seems to confuse me!

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
I had the exact same issue with a belkin router. Ended up taking it back and just connecting my mac straigt to my marantz and downloading the remote so my entire library shows up on my either my ipad or iphone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts