Airport Express problem. Please help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I've just bought Airport Express on ebay and am having trouble setting it up. I did a factory reset, after which my computer could link up with it, and I went through the wizard to link it up to my Livebox, because I only want it for Airtunes. All seemed to go fine, until it restarted, at which point my computer couldn't find the Airport Express.

Any help very gratefully received!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
You may need to connect via Ethernet in order to get it set up if your computer can no longer 'see it' wireless... even as a die-hard Mac user I've always found Airport and Airport Express very difficult to set up.

John Duncan

Whereas i found it completely straightforward, without my having to attach it wired to the router - both with my Mac and my Vista laptop. What's your entire setup - Computer/OS/Router/Broadband provider? It may have something to do with your router security.

A

Anonymous

When i used the AE as a router it was perfectly simple, but when i added a router, i had to set it up as an access point.

If you've done this then you'll have to find out what ip address the main router has assigned it inorder to go in and change settings. I think mine has an "attached devices" manu which should show it.

John Duncan

Good point actually - it may be just a case of switching the AE off and switching it back on again (with a five minute pause in between) to allow it to pick up a new IP address from the router?

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Good point actually - it may be just a case of switching the AE off and switching it back on again (with a five minute pause in between) to allow it to pick up a new IP address from the router?Yep sometimes, rarely, i do say something useful!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Ive also recently purchased this and cant for the life of me get it sorted. I might have made a big mistake - What do you need to get music from my wirless lap topt to the airport express? I have a wirless laptop and the airport express. Do you need a router as well? Cant you connect directly to the airport express? Do you need that extreme bass station thing as well? I currently have a solid amber light on the top of the airport express. Any help greatfully recieved!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers mate. Ill have a play with it. I can now connect but still trying to work out how sound gets to the other end. I downloaded a version of airfoil also.

John Duncan

Well after you've installed the software, there's an option in the bottom right of iTunes to feed to computer or airport express. Airfoil obviously allows you to feed anything other than iTunes (though I think it's time limited - two minutes or somehting - until you buy it). Buying has other benefits as well - mainly taking over other apps without having to restart them, I think.

TRENDING THREADS