AirPods Pro owners claim firmware up has made noise cancellation worse

DeeCee

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
My Christmas gift from my better-half were the AirPods Pro. There do appear to be some inherent problems. Mine are still using 2B588 firmware and haven't been updated, yet I have problems. On receipt I could not get a seal on right ear but swapping to the large tips managed to get a good seal. After a week or so I realised the bass tones seemed week and I could hear outside sounds. Using the Ear tip fit test the right AirPod wouldn't seal. Now after three weeks the left AirPod doesn't seal. If I push the AirPods in tight whilst testing I can sometimes get a good seal. My beliief is that the seals are at fault and possibly nothing to do with firmware. My latest problem was yesterday evening the volume was louder in the left AirPod and if I turned the sound off I could hear a strange high pitched sizzling noise in the left AirPod. Resetting the AirPods cured both problems. This is the second reset in three weeks.......! My original AirPods, now two years old have not had a single issue. Not happy with AirPods Pro.

AnotherRob

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
Yep, I agree with the article.
I'm on an iphone8 iOS14.2 with the AirPods Pro and there has definitely been a change in the noise cancelling effectiveness for the worse. I used my Pods to reduce road traffic noise on a run etc (even in the house or at work) and was impressed initially but this update has to my ears quite severely reduced the noise cancelling capability. To summarize - I am no longer impressed by apples noise cancelling on this product - i hope they sort it out in the next iOS upgrade!! grrr, very annoyed!!!
Is it the upgrade ? well timing for me would suggest this but apple are suggesting something else...
I see on apple . com that it's possible (restrictions allowing) to bring them in for a repair...
see

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts