Air Lock Banana Plugs

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Does using 4mm plugs on the end of speaker cable give an audible difference ?

Planning to buy some QED Silver Anniversary XT cable and wondering whether it is worth the extra £20 per cable to get them terminated.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
No, not worth the cash unless you're a prolific cable fiddler and need to be able to quickly 'draw'. Its another connection/solder joint in the signal path and will do nothing to improve the 'inherent sound' of whatever cable you choose.

A

Anonymous

drummerman:No, not worth the cash unless you're a prolific cable fiddler and need to be able to quickly 'draw'. Its another connection/solder joint in the signal path and will do nothing to improve the 'inherent sound' of whatever cable you choose.

I'd agree with Drummerman in that it certainly doesn't do anything to improve the quality of the signal transfer.

However, IMO it does make for a neat installation and minimises the risk of short circuits from loose wire strands. I'd suggest you invest in some decent quality plugs if you wanted to go down this route so as to minimise any signal loss at the connection. I've got the QED screw locks in the back of my amp and they are fine.

A

Anonymous

I think the QED airlock plugs are rather overpriced, and I've heard mutterings that the airlock... isn't. I'd just go for some reasonably sturdy banana plugs, e.g. from Maplins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts