Aerial connection

erasmus666

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I've bought a Denon TU-260L tuner to replace my Acoustic Solutions SP111. It's used with a Philex 27741 aerial. The problem I have is connecting the two. The existing connector wouldn't fit on the tuner so I contacted Denon who sent me instructions about how to connect the aerial. I forwarded this together with photos of both the aerial and tuner connections with a ruler beneath to show scale to a reputable company who supply connectors. They sent me one within 24-hours. The good news is that it fits the aerial perfectly but as the male adapter has exactly the same diameter as the tuner's connection it won't fit. This company has said that it may need a DAB connection but the tuner back and Denon's documentation specifically refer to a 75 ohm fm-coax. I'm currently awaiting a reply from Denon but advice from people who already have the Denon would be appreciated. I'm very reluctant to get rid of aerial as a) certainly on FM the reception is good (on DAB with the SP111 it's awful) and b) if it's not a standard fitting on the Denon I run the risk of having the same problem again c) I've not long bought the Philex. Thanks for reading this posting. Michael

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
erasmus666 said:
I've bought a Denon TU-260L tuner to replace my Acoustic Solutions SP111. It's used with a Philex 27741 aerial. The problem I have is connecting the two. The existing connector wouldn't fit on the tuner so I contacted Denon who sent me instructions about how to connect the aerial. I forwarded this together with photos of both the aerial and tuner connections with a ruler beneath to show scale to a reputable company who supply connectors. They sent me one within 24-hours. The good news is that it fits the aerial perfectly but as the male adapter has exactly the same diameter as the tuner's connection it won't fit. This company has said that it may need a DAB connection but the tuner back and Denon's documentation specifically refer to a 75 ohm fm-coax. I'm currently awaiting a reply from Denon but advice from people who already have the Denon would be appreciated. I'm very reluctant to get rid of aerial as a) certainly on FM the reception is good (on DAB with the SP111 it's awful) and b) if it's not a standard fitting on the Denon I run the risk of having the same problem again c) I've not long bought the Philex. Thanks for reading this posting. Michael

Perfectly standard fitting on the TU-260L (i've owned one and used the same 75 Ohm co-ax connectors that fitted all my other FM tuners past and present).

The Philex 27741 is sold as a DAB aerial so you may need to change your indoor aerial to an FM one. (For more reasons than just the connector. You need an aerial that is optimised for FM wavelengths.)

DAB connectors are 'F type' (and threaded to screw on) so you'd need an F type plug to co-ax plug adaptor (make sure the FM part is male)...

like this one

Better still, get a dedicated FM aerial. They aren't expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts