Question Aeon Flow Closed with more bass?

schlott

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi all!

I own two headphones that I frequently use, the Aeon Flow Closed and a HD6xx. I love the AFC for its clarity, resolution, instrument separation and detail retrieval. But it does not offer enough bass for my taste and could sound more... fun :). I tried to play around with the EQ, but was not able to get a satisfying result.

I am looking for a headphone with the same level of detail and resolution, but with more bass and maybe a bit warmer. The highs could use a bit more sparkle, but I am in general fine with them. Since I listen to vocal-heavy music as well, the mids should not be recessed. I dont care if it is an open or closed headphone, both is fine for me.
I already listened to a few Beyer headphones and the beyer-peak annoys me, hence they are not an option. I listened to the Hifiman Sundara as well, but it sounded similar to the AFC, just a bit worse. I did not try any Focal or Audeze headphones yet, could one them be an option?

Thanks a lot for your help!

D

Deleted member 188533

The Elex ( Elear with Clear pads ) from Drop/Massdrop is very much a 'super' HD600/650 although the Elear is more 650 ( boosted bass/ warm ) and the Elex is more 600 ( neutral ). Assuming you don't want to spend Clear money. The AKG K712 Pro is also a surprisingly solid contender. I really like the 1990 Pro although it's the only Beyer headphone I do like.

They aren't made anymore but you could look for an Ebony or Mahogany TH/TR-X00. Or an EMU Teak. That Fostex biodynamic driver is amazing if you like bass. Moving up in price with that same signature is ZMF.

schlott

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
The Elear and Elex sound like headphones I should try. Is the Clear so much better then both to justify the price tag?

How about the LCD2 Fazor/Classic? Would they be an alternative that fit my taste (bassy headphone with great resolution and detail retrieval)?

Thanks a lot!

D

Deleted member 188533

The LCD2 Classic is too warm and laid back for me. Mids are too recessed. It's a good headphone if it meets your tastes though. I haven't ever had a chance to hear the regular LCD2. Fazor or not.

Don't rule out the K712 Pro just based on the lower price. Audition them if possible. They've really become my go to pair.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts