admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all,

i am quite new to home cinema and have started to build a system which i plan to upgrade as and when.

i have a sony stdr1200es amp and monitor audio rs6's at the front and rs1's for the rears, i have bi-amped the 6's using the back surround ports and i stream music via my xbox 360 and i just want to know if there is anything i can do to make it sound better.

dont get me wrong it sounds nice but i get hissing from the speakers when i play music on portable audio settings which is the sony manuals recommendation for mp3 formats but when i switch to say jazz club e.t.c the hissing goes but the voices are'nt as crystal as playing them in portable audio.

i have calibrated my system through the amps auto calib setting on full flat.i am aware that it does'nt matter what speakers you use when using home cinema amps as music is compromised but is there anything i am missing like using the wrong setting.

any help appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Personally I think you might be discovering the limitations of the XBox360 as a music source. The best compromise would seem to be to ignore the portable audio settings and the surround effects - there doesn't seem to be anything else in the set-up of the Sony you can do to get round what sounds like a noisy source component.

Unless, of course, anyone knows better...

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply,

seeing as you know your stuff(the fact that you seem to be the one that replies to most questions tells me this)what would you or do you use to stream music.i am looking to get a ps3 soon anyway,would this be ok or do you think i would be better off buying something more specific like a squeezebox.i mostly download songs and stream them across but the bitrate differs is there a device that kind of upscales this and also can i play apple lossless on devices other than those made by apple

cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts