Advice please for a new system.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My trusty old Technics systems has finally gone to the great technology place in the sky after many years of use and I'm looking for a new system.

I would appreciate some advice as I'm not really up to speed with all that there is out there. I've read up on the newer things such as Hard Drive systems & streaming devices, but I haven't erally seen a system that seems to do all that I want and wonder if there is actually such a thing or if creating a small PC that's just used for audio would be simpler.

I'm looking for a small (ish) sized system with DAB/FM/AM radio, CD player and the ability to be able to read MP3s (128, 193 & 320Kbps) on a USB drive or and SD card (including displaying all of the ID tags/album names) or perhaps with an internal Hard drive. I'm not at all interested in an Ipod docking system and would prefer to pay no more than about £600 (including speakers) - if at all possible.

I went into a local Richer sounds the other day and took some songs on a USB pen drive thingy with a few different albums worth of songs to see what sort of interaction there is on those systems with USB ports on them and was pretty disappointed. I looked at a TEAC model (sorry forget the model) and the Denon DM38 and it didn't show the file names, Just track 01. The sales assistant said that they don't really do a device like I am looking for and my best bet would be the (expensive) SONOS- yeah right!

I have looked at the Sony Gigajuke and Phillips Streamium and they seem to get poor reviews due to the interface.

So is there such a device, I really want to be able to play radio, CDs and listen to MP3s with the same sort of Interactivity (is that a word) as MediaMonkey, so can listen to album, genre, artist, playlists and random in all of those. I'm not opposed to some sort of streaming system, but as I understand they usually require the PC to be on to stream from, so thats not really suitable if it does.

Does such a system exist?

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll look into that one. Looks good, but the key for me will if it can read ID tags from the MP3s or just says track 01.

Does anyone on here have one and could let me know please.

A

Anonymous

I checked out the Marantz and it is, unfortunately, just a display showing track 01 01 and can jst select next tracks, no folder interaction.

So, lots of views of this post, but not many answers, does anyone know if such as device exists please?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts