advice on xeo5 sound at lower budget .

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all , have just listened to dynaudio xeo5 and to me they are the perfect sound i have been looking for but cant stretch to £2600 . For about a £1000 am i able to get floorstanders to get anywhere near that type of sound .I use my laptop ,caiman dac gatorized , rotel 930 ax amp, and kef coda 7's ,i know you getwhat you pay for but these things seemed to fill me with the music dont really know how to describe it . thanks .

A

Anonymous

For £1250 you can get a pair of AVI ADM9T active standmount speakers, the new red dot model. I don't know how they'd compare to the Active Dynaudio floorstanders, but they're excellent sounding speakers that are well worth consideration.

A

Anonymous

Hi, went into a shop to look at a sonos which he demonstrated through these xeo5s and as soon as i heard them i lost interest i the sonos , my room is about 6m sq . thanks .

A

Anonymous

hi , seen them didnt hear them but have been looking there is just so much choice ,really want the 5's but its never gonna happen . ta .

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered the Dynaudio BM6A speakers? At only £1130 they offer outstanding sound quality for the money.

I haven't actually heard the Xeo5's myself so I don't know for sure how they compare but they are both active speakers from the same commpany so there's a good chance that they might sound similar. Although the Xeo5's are floorstanders and the BM6A's are bookshelf speakers they do have a 6.5" woofer and 150wpc so there's no lack of bass.

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/dynaudio-bm-6a-mk2-and-tc-bmc-2--72080

Dyna-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Yeah ,i've had the same speakers and amp since 97 ish , just got back into with bbc6 then spotify and was quite happy until i heard these now i want a change but so many options active or not? bookshelf or floorstanders? best buy was beresford dac.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
deanyboy said:
Yeah ,i've had the same speakers and amp since 97 ish , just got back into with bbc6 then spotify and was quite happy until i heard these now i want a change but so many options active or not? bookshelf or floorstanders? best buy was beresford dac.

If you're considering some new speakers then I'd suggest that you take your time and have a listen to all of the options - active, passive, bookshelf and floorstanders and then make up your own mind which suits you the best. Considering your fondness for the Xeo5's it would certainly be worth listening to some other active speakers.

Active speakers in your price range that I like include Dynaudio, Adam, Genelec, AVI and Acoustic Energy.

Passive speakers in your price range that I like include Dynaudio, PMC, ATC, AVI and Acoustic Energy.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
If you like the sound of the XEO5s, it might be a good idea to get a listen to the BM5As or the BM6As. Neither are floor standers mind you and they are not very 'hifi' in looks. I can certainly vouch for the 5s, but the 6s have more welly, with more powerful amplification and a larger mid/bass driver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts