Advice on upgrade option please

gangus

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
After a first audition (going back for more tommorrow), this is what I'm considering:

AUDIOLAB 8200CD
NAD C275BEE/C165BEE POWER/PRE-AMP COMBO.
B&W CM8 SPEAKERS

Comments welcome.

gangus

scene

Seems like a pretty sweet system. How did you decide on this combo? Did you compare it to any other set ups? Also, considering the largish outlay your going for at one go, have you got a dealer who would let you have a home demo and/or exchange stuff if you find it just doesn't work in your home?

A

Anonymous

As above really; are youable/did you demo any other systems?

I have the NAD pre/power combo in my main system and it's superb with the B&W CM5 speakers of mine
smiley-cool.gif

Other speakers I'd highly recommend in demo'ing though would be the Monitor Audio RX6's, PMC GB1i's, Neat Motive 2's, QUAD 22L2's and the B&W 684's

It'd be handy to know what music you generally listen to as well and also what your overall budget is?

gangus

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi I also listened to Audiolab CDP through the Audiolab 8000A amp but felt speakers responded better to more power. Listened to Rega Appollo which was good too but lacked the clarity of the Audiolab. Also, Naim Uniti which was a little bit disappointing. I listen to most genres; beatles/stones, blues, motown, rock, a bit of jazz and a bit of indie. I won't be purchasing in the one hit but over a 4mth period.
My current system of NAD separates is approx. 20 year old and I'll probably put on Ebay.
(NAD 5325 CDP, NAD 3225PE, NAD8225 speakers).
I might try the new NAD power amp through my existing NAD3225PE. What do you think?

thanks for advice gangus

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
An 8200 was used as the cd source when I demo'd Cm8s vs RX8s, but via a Pioneer LX53, which is my a/v amp. Eventually went for the CM8s, but as an aside was very impressed by the sound of the 8200 in providing the signal. The CM8s definitely need some welly from the amp to get them singing - I've added a Cyrus X Power power amp after the LX53 and the sound is much better and a much wider stage - even on stereo, the sound seems to come from as wide as my side surround speakers. nicely oddly impressive!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts