Advice on Speakers needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a pair of speakers for my Primare CD 31 cd player and I 30 amp. I am thinking of Martin Logan The Source but is worried that it will be too large for my room (5.3 m X 2.7 m). I am also being introduced to the Xavian duetto & giulietta from Czech Republic. All the speakers sound good to me however I like the bass of the Martin Logan but thought it may become bloomy in my room. The other concern is about maintance as I stay in a non aircon room. Please help, all advices are welcome.

A

Anonymous

Have you read this month's what hifi? I've heard that combo with the PMC GB1i and FB1i and loved it. I suspect it would be divine with Spendor A5 or A6, the latter probably
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Re: Advice on Speakers needed
Have you read this month's what hifi? I've heard that combo with the PMC GB1i and FB1i and loved it. I suspect it would be divine with Spendor A5 or A6, the latter probably Smile
Rotel RA-03, Quad 405, MF X-Ray v8, Spendor SA1 and a load of other tat...

I will be able to listen to the Spendor soon, hope that it will be up to my expection
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Auditioned Kef XQ30,s, PMC GB1i and Spendor A5 today, PMC,s early losers- did not come anywhere near quality expected after review in What Hi-Fi- not involving at all and lacking detail-really surprised ,close between Kef and Tannoy, tannoys win easily because not so bright as Kef,s-very fatigiung after a time. tannoy A5,s were superb-recommend a listen. Wife agreed although Kef,s looks are the best!!

System

Naim nait 3 + mc card, naim Cd3.5+ flat cap, naim nac5 speaker cable, Thorens TD 160-rebuilt + Rega RB300 tone arm + Ortofon MC15

Doc Baker

A

Anonymous

doc baker:
Auditioned Kef XQ30,s, PMC GB1i and Spendor A5 today, PMC,s early losers- did not come anywhere near quality expected after review in What Hi-Fi- not involving at all and lacking detail-really surprised ,close between Kef and Tannoy, tannoys win easily because not so bright as Kef,s-very fatigiung after a time. tannoy A5,s were superb-recommend a listen. Wife agreed although Kef,s looks are the best!!

System

Naim nait 3 + mc card, naim Cd3.5+ flat cap, naim nac5 speaker cable, Thorens TD 160-rebuilt + Rega RB300 tone arm + Ortofon MC15

Doc Baker

Two speakers for one those Tannoy/Spendors...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts