Advice on new AV Receiver

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I currently own Yamaha RX-V1067 about 2 yrs old and i'm thinking of an upgrade. It's a great receiver but sometimes seems a little underpowered with certain movies. I've been trawling the various forums & I've narrowed my choice down to either Pioneer SC-LX56 or Denon AVR3313 or maybe even keep my Yammy. Id appreciate the advice.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
I think moving to either the Pioneer or Denon you mentioned would be a bit of a sideways step. Your Yamaha is a good performer and you'll probably have to move to the likes of Yamaha's RX-A3020 or Pioneer's SC-LX86 to get notably better performance.

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. You have emphasised my thoughts exactly. I only want to upgrade if there will be improvement & as you said both the Pioneer & Denon aren't a massive improvement over my Yammy. Not sure wife will sign off on a nearly 2k recevier, was a hard enough sell to get 1k :grin:

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I finally decided to continue with my decision to change my AV Receiver. I ended up purchasing Pioneer SC-LX76, and with the trade in deal on pio's at the moment I got a decent deal from Richer Sounds. It was delivered late yesterday afternoon, so spent most of evening setting it up (wife out on Xmas party, so no bother). The ipad apps made it very easy to set up. Only managed to watch a few demo scenes, but very impressed. Sound and picture quality are better than the Yammy. I'll post more of my findings later in week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts