Advice needed on uneven bass between the left and right front speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently using Wharfedale 9.5 as the front speakers in my home theatre set-up. The speakers are hooked up with Pioneer SC-LX71 receiver. The problem I encounter is that I get uneven bass from my left and right front speakers when I am listening in 2-channel stereo mode. The left speaker produces fuller and deeper bass while the right one gives significantly less bass. The positioning of both speakers are similar which is 1 meter away from the wall and tilted towards the centre. Please advice.

A

Anonymous

Currently I am using my DVD player (Pioneer DV-LX50) for both movies and music. So am listening to only one source.

I haven't though. Will give it a swap later. What goes wrong if the problem follows the speakers after the swap? Also, what might be the problem if it doesn't? Thanks.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
If the problem follows the speaker then it's probably a speaker fault. If the problem remains the same when you swap then it's either the receiver so swap your interconnects over and see if that makes a difference or check your speaker cables are connected + to + and - to - or it could be your source, have you anything else to use as a source.
Is one speaker nearer to a side wall than the other?
Does it sound OK in surround sound mode with a DVD etc.

A

Anonymous

I have carried out all the tests suggested. Apparently it was the speaker fault. Anyway, will have the experts come in to check on this thursday. Thanks for all your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts