Advice from those that know better than me.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Very new to the forum so forgive me if just asking advice is considered ever so slightly naff,but here goes anyway,
emotion-10.gif

Sometime last year I bought a Denon system (DCD-F102),compared to what most of you guys probably spend it was a lowly 500 pound but seemed to me a hell of a lot
emotion-2.gif
,well I was just blown away at the difference in sound qualitycompared to what I had been used to.Basically the experience made me fall in love with music all over again,and obviously like so many others on here I thought if $500 (pounds) get me that sound what does spending some (more) serious money get me.

Well I went to my local dealer and after a "test drive" and some review searching I'm on the verge of constucting my 1st serious system.

Arcam Diva AVR280 Home Cinema Receiver

Arcam FMj CD17 CD player

B&W CM7 floor-standing speakers

The reason I'm going for the Cinema Receiver (as opposed to the Arcam FMJ A18 Amp,I listened to )is so I can intergrate a Sony KDL46V4000 LCD Television,Sky HD, and a Sony BDP-S500 Blu-Ray DVD player via HDMI,as well as my Pro-JectTurntable.

Anyone with any advice or obvious flaws in my choices would be very gratefully recieved,as I say I'm very new to the whole seperates thing and hope my prospective purchases will give me a decent entry level system,Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Are you going to be adding more speakers to create a surround sound set-up at some point?

If not, Id be tempted to buy a 2-channel amp and plug the components directly into the line inputs in the amp. I currently do similar (but use an offboard DAC for all digital inputs such as DVD, XBox etc).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
If you are only planning on 2 speakers then a 2 channel amp will work with all these components and the sound quality will be better.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that ,No plans as yet but it may be a plan for the future ,at the moment I'm more drawn towards spending my entire speaker budget on the stereo option ,but leaving the surround option for a later date.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ChoppyC:
Thanks for that ,No plans as yet but it may be a plan for the future ,at the moment I'm more drawn towards spending my entire speaker budget on the stereo option ,but leaving the surround option for a later date.

In that case, definitely get a stereo amp and then you can add a receiver at a later date. The cd player you mention and a decent stereo amp will blow you away if you liked the sound of your Denon all in one.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:ChoppyC:

In that case, definitely get a stereo amp and then you can add a receiver at a later date. The cd player you mention and a decent stereo amp will blow you away if you liked the sound of your Denon all in one.

Couldn't agree more

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts