Advice for a stereo/home theater setup

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I've recently been looking around for a good pair of speakers and an 5.1/7.1 A/V receiver to go with them, as I plan on getting more speakers later. I'm really interested in the B&W 683 S2s , as from what I've read they're excellent. I'd like to have some advice as to which receiver I should get, and what speakers could go with these down the road to complete the 5.1 setup, and if anyone has any suggestions within the same price range.
Thank you

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking to have the front pair you buy to end up being part of a surround sound system then you need to make sure there is a matching center speaker for the fronts. It's not so important for the surrounds to match the fronts but of course it helps for a better overall sound. The center however needs to match the fronts.

Just keep that in mind when you shop for your fronts. I'm no good at recommending speakers and AVRs otherwise I would.

Good luck I hope you get what you want.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
If you plan on getting the 683s it makes sense to partner them with the centre and surrounds from the same range. It's the only way you'll get a cohesive soundfield. As for a partnering amp, take a listen to Pioneer's SC-LX58.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts