Advice for a friend. Receiver up to £350 Pioneer, Sony, Denon, Yamaha or ?

Tonestar1

My friend is looking for an AV amp up to £350 max. 3D is not a priority at all.

He will be using a set of B&W 602S3s as front L&R with the rest of the speakers still to be purchased. I've suggested some M1s for rears but open to any other suggestions.

I'm backing the Pio VSX920 which he can get for £329. I think the ipod functionality would be really good. Has anyone tried this? If so any user experience stories would be appreciated.

Other options would be

Denon AVR1911

Sony STRDN 1010

Yamaha AV67

He will be purchasing from RS so demo is not possible. Does anyone recommend any of the other options as opposed to the Pioneer? If so why? Has anyone tried the Pio with B&W? Any thoughts on what would be best for music would be good. He has always owned Arcam 2-channel stuff so that would give you an idea of the sound he goes for.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

rick of musicraft has an ex dem yamaha rxv-1065 for sale for just £275.. is your friend near derby?

A

Anonymous

i have recently purchased the pioneer vsx 920 and im also running b&w dm602 s3 as fronts with kef eggs as surrounds making up the 5 surrounds and centre and the sound is fantastic and feature packed it was only £299 from richer sounds when purchased in store its £329 when purchased online but i would highly recommend this receiver,

A

Anonymous

Tonestar1:Thanks again Max, Brilliant tip. My mate emailed Rick today and has arranged to purchase the 1065.
hi tonestar, i just revisited this thread, glad to help
emotion-1.gif
. that's a real bargain your friend has got himself there.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts