Adm avi 9.1T and connection options - best quality?

Stephan A

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello WHF :wave:

First of all. Thanks to the forums users for leading my attention towards the avi speakers. I found a good deal and bought the adm avi 9.1T red spot plus the matching subwoofer for a reasonable price. Compared with the other solutions I had in mind and would fit, I am more than happy with it.

This is my first, in my opinion, serious stereo seutp. Right now it is just connected to my laptop with a mini-jack to phono cable and therefore using the analog connection.

To me it sounds much better than my old bose 2.1 though I know it was crap. My question is then - Will the sound be even better if I use the SPDIF output from my onboard sondcard and then use a minijack to toslink to connect to the speakers instead?

Kind regards

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Possibly, it really is just easier to try it yourself and see which you prefer though.

Don't spend a lot on the cable though, there isn't any point.

+1.

Computer sound cards can be surprisingly good, so you may not notice any tangible benefits.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Overdose said:
The_Lhc said:
Possibly, it really is just easier to try it yourself and see which you prefer though.

Don't spend a lot on the cable though, there isn't any point.

+1.

Computer sound cards can be surprisingly good, so you may not notice any tangible benefits.

+1

Depending on the quality of your soundcard you may or may not hear a difference. It's definitely worth using a cheap SPDIF cable into the AVI DAC to ensure that you're getting the best possible sound quality.

TRENDING THREADS