Adding an AV amp to my Stereo amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all at What HIFI S&V

could you please tell me what AV amps are available that have front pre-outs?? As I want to connect the AV amp to my stereo amp(as this is the only way I can think of to use my hifi amp and 4 speakers as part of a surround sound set-up,I will just have to add a centre/subwoofer), I would like to spend around £250-300 for the amp(I was Looking at the Onkyo TX-SR507 surround-sound amp but unfortunately this amp doesn’t have front preouts

Many Thanx in advance Tony

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think you're going to struggle to fine one at that price with both HD audio decoding and pre-outs. The Pioneer VSX-819 is the only one I can see which just fits into your budget with both, but I'm not sure what it's like.

If you up your budget to the likes of £400 - £450, you then have more of a choice.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
apmelton68:

Hi all at What HIFI S&V

could you please tell me what AV amps are available that have front pre-outs?? As I want to connect the AV amp to my stereo amp(as this is the only way I can think of to use my hifi amp and 4 speakers as part of a surround sound set-up,I will just have to add a centre/subwoofer), I would like to spend around £250-300 for the amp(I was Looking at the Onkyo TX-SR507 surround-sound amp but unfortunately this amp doesn't have front preouts

Many Thanx in advance Tony

As you don't mention HD audio, I would look at one of the discontinued models that have pre outs but no upscaling, HD audio etc. Something from Arcam perhaps? You can find some ex demos or second hand ones for a good price.

http://www.audio-t.co.uk/?section=onlinestore&display=proddetail&pid=194097

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sorry I went mad on this yesterday and confused pre-outs with multichannel inputs! The Pioneer doesn't have pre-outs meaning the best bet for your budget is as Mr Gerrard says and look secondhand.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts