Acoustic Energy Linear 3 speakers for £150.00 but are they any good?????????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have seen a pair of Acoustic Energy Linear3 speakers for sale for £150.00 brand new but have never listened to them and have read no reviews. They are selling for £399 at superfi so this seems like a good deal. also they look pretty good with there gloss black finish. My idea was that for that price i would buy them to start off a second system in myother room.

If anyone could tell me there opinion on these speakers that would be great.

Rotel ra-04, Rotel rcd-06, monitor audio rs1, sony vaio VGX-XL301, 40"samsung le40m86,xbox 360,sky hd.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yes theyre good speakers but IMO you could do better

It all depends on your budget obviously!

IMO the older AE 109 floorstanders are better and can be bought on eBay for c£100 (2nd hand) and also the B&W 602 S2 standmount speakers would be a good choice also (again 2nd hand via eBay)

What kind of music do you listen to and what amp/CDP would you be looking to build along side the speakers?

A

Anonymous

to be honest i was just browsing ebay and saw them on there brand new for £150. I was going to wait till after christmas before starting a new system. I listen to a very broad range of music from indie, soul to classical. Just no RnB. I hadn't really though about any amp yet, although the sonos setup is an option, the amplified one.

Just fancied getting some floorstanders and for that price i couldn't get a good pair of stand mounts plus the stands. the look of the speakers is important as it is for my dining room so although the second hand speakers would or could sound better I guess the look is just as important as it would be my second system anyway.

thanks for any help or suggestions

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO i think you could do better with a decent standmount speakers rather than the AE speakers (unless you went for the AE109's).

A

Anonymous

I saw these on fleabay for £150 but missed them, but later they offered some more for £215 so I bought a pair.....

What do I think, well I have owned a pair of Acoustic Energy Ae100's for the last 18 years, superb speaker and I bought the Linear 3's to replace them.

The system I use them with is my second system, a Harmon Kardon HD/HK 870 Amp/CD Player and a Project Debut 2 turntable and Im really impressed, the only downside is they are in my conservatory and because of the temp changes the front baffles can make cracking sounds when the temp changes......and these are the only speakers that I think look better with the covers on.

Hope this helps

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts