Accuphase e213

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
There is a review in issue 62 of Hifi+ (November 2008) of the E213. There is no online link. (But you can purchase the back-issue for £7 although I cannot post the link to that due to house rules.)

I read the magazine cover to cover on a train journey to and from Staffordshire at the time and remember it well.

It was extremely favourable.

I would love to hear one of these Accuphase integrated amps. The current version is the E250.

A

Anonymous

Gusboll:JoelSim:

Anyone heard one?

Interesting name for hifi gear - Accuphase is something completely different where I work!

It hear it stops extraneous sounds but can put you to sleep for up to 3 days. Needs careful speaker matching
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I've had a number of accuphase integrated amps from the older ones to the newer ones and they are consistently above average hi fi gears.

As a matter of fact they are some of the best integrated amps i have heard.

They have a certain level of refinement and composure that is not found on midfi gears.

To date i have found them to better some of the top notch American and European components ( i dare not mention names but I did sell them after having heard and owned the accuphase).

You have to hear them to believe it.

They are not cheap but they are built like a tank and seems to last forever.

Good luck & I hope you will have the chance to listen to them.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Antistatic:Gusboll:JoelSim:

Anyone heard one?

Interesting name for hifi gear - Accuphase is something completely different where I work!

It hear it stops extraneous sounds but can put you to sleep for up to 3 days. Needs careful speaker matching
emotion-5.gif

That's the one!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:Is the Audio Analogue not giving you what you want Joel?Yes it's a lovely amp, but I've got itchy fingers at the moment.

My 40th birthday next month so was thinking of asking for something from the missus towards a superamp

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Joel, let me know when you get bored with the Accuphase.

Should go nicely with the Harbeths I am (not so) secretly obsessing over lately.

The sound quality will just be a bonus, It's the meters* and the funky retro look I am after. (I am shallow.)

Although the Luxman meters do look nicer.

*1970s hifi geek's equivalent of the flickering fire was a huge rack full of backlit meters (cassette, tuner, amp.) Heck, I would buy another turntable if they stuck backlit meters on it. Now where can I get some flock wallpaper, lots of pine panneling, some lava lamps and a large animal pelt to throw on the floor?

Velcro'ing some VU meters on the front of the Naim isn't the same.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:My dad used to have a tape deck with meters on it. Nice.

Yeah. I know. My dad's generation had far more interesting gear to buy than we have now.

The joyless flat-earthers took one look at stuff like this and pronounced it sinful. Henceforth 'hifi man' shall don hair shirt and suffer righteous abstinence from all things that doth glitter and glow.

B------s!

Mind you, even the most itchy-shirted, flat-earth, killjoy from deep in his shed factory of spartan righteousness could not have predicted this little slab of minimalist misery...

apple_tv.jpg

To 1970s hifi man that would be something the wife put under a plant pot on his Celestion Ditton 66s to prevent it from marking the wood!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Warm but also accurate, if a little lacking in drive. If you like your current amp then you will love the Accuphase, it also hold value very well too.

TM

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman:
Warm but also accurate, if a little lacking in drive. If you like your current amp then you will love the Accuphase, it also hold value very well too.

TM

Thanks OB1

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Probably true, and I may go for one subject to the price being right. Although I do have a massive craving for a Unison Research Sinfonia, just beautiful.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:Thaiman:

TM

Thanks OB1

Joel, have a look at Luxman too, similar house sound but cheaper rrp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts