Accuphase E- 205 to the 213 how good are they really ?...

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe , someday....who knows...I live in a place enough remote from hifi shops that I am forced to buy without listening before , wich is practically and theoretically the worse thing to do....Don't have audiophile friends around ,so,that's the situation. There are a lot of legends , hypes and interests in this world and all the information can be biased and confusing especially when one can't judge with his own ears...The budget doesn't allow new equipment or recent models .

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
The Acccuphase amps I've heard have been superb: the E205 and E506. Unfortunately they're not widely available in the UK and are consequently quite expensive.

Matt

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
matt49 said:
The Acccuphase amps I've heard have been superb: the E205 and E506. Unfortunately they're not widely available in the UK and are consequently quite expensive.

Matt

Well ,I live in Romania ,so the situation is the same , but there allways is the german market :grin: The E 206 runs there in the 700-1000 € ,maybe less.Refurbished , goes over 1000 .

Thank you for the answer and the opinion on the E205.Do you remember what speakers was paired with ?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Teo said:
matt49 said:

Matt

Well ,I live in Romania ,so the situation is the same , but there allways is the german market :grin: The E 206 runs there in the 700-1000 € ,maybe less.Refurbished , goes over 1000 .

Thank you for the answer and the opinion on the E205.Do you remember what speakers was paired with ?

Sorry, Teo, I got confused about the numbers. :oops: The models I've heard were the E350 (in Mac's system) and E560. Both times it was with Harbeth Super HL5s.

Matt

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, those are higher placed in hierarchy and price , I wonder if the sound quality is lesser in the older ( E 206 ,207) and bottom line models ( E 206, 207,211 ,E 213).And also , compared to the newer amps of various producers - 3-6 years old.

On the other side an old one comes with a lot of potential problems wich mean money ,stress and time lost . Where is the line where one can buy a SH amp relatively safe from all this?

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
You're absolutely right about the prices ....I'll never be able to even think about...but there are these 15-25 years entry models that I am curious ...still I doubt about their reliability ,the components are getting older . That E 350 Matt is saying is a much newer one and not the bottom of the line ;) at a price

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Accuphase have a very good reputation for reliability, and in general amps are a relatively safe second-hand purchase, so I'd have thought you could buy with confidence. But caveat emptor, of course.

Matt

rainsoothe

Salut!

I'll keep it in english now :)

For what it's worth, I auditioned a new Accuphase E-260 integrated with Sonus Faber Toy Tower speakers, and it sounded pretty damn good. If I wasn't set on buying the Supernait 2, the Accuphase would've been my 2nd option, after also auditioning Sugden and Simaudio Moon amps. The one for sale was like 8000 RON (ex-dem) - just throwing it out there, since who knows, maybe it will be in your price bracket. The store is called masterofsound.ro, maybe you can find dealer contact there and ask about 2nd hand units as well. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky (in a non-euphemistic kinda way) :)

have a good one

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
Salut!

I'll keep it in english now :)

For what it's worth, I auditioned a new Accuphase E-260 integrated with Sonus Faber Toy Tower speakers, and it sounded pretty damn good. If I wasn't set on buying the Supernait 2, the Accuphase would've been my 2nd option, after also auditioning Sugden and Simaudio Moon amps. The one for sale was like 8000 RON (ex-dem) - just throwing it out there, since who knows, maybe it will be in your price bracket. The store is called masterofsound.ro, maybe you can find dealer contact there and ask about 2nd hand units as well. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky (in a non-euphemistic kinda way) :)

have a good one

Thank you ! :)

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
As far as I digged on various forums and reviews , it seems that the 2xx series are not quite at the level of the 3xx and up ,even if good ,but there are some slight compromises in sound ( in fact all the reviewers are quite severe in judgement ,because of the price) up to the E 250 and mainly 260 ,wich are better valued as let's say E 211 212 and 213.

Couldn't find reliable comparative sources about sound comparisons between the older and more affordable ( preowned) E 204 , 205, 206 from 1980-87 and the newer ones .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts