A very relieved Gnat!

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Best upgrade of all, have the ears syringed. Had my 6 monthly do this morning . . . I can now hear a 'Gnats £art', makes all the recent changes, tweaks and upgrades so much more meaningful. What I do find strange, one can make all the changes, hear the positive effects and yet it is obvious my ears have not been functioning properly for the past few weeks, I usually get the first signes about 6 to 8 weeks before its has to be done the last 2 weeks are hell, not listening to much music for the final week . I do have to have the procedure performed every 6 months for genuine medical reasons and have done since I was in my mid teens. However this time the improvement has been particularly noticeable . . . is that because of the quality of the changes to the hifi or because of some reaction in my ears this time? As I say, that is one relieved gnat 8) CJSF

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
It's a bit of an extreme upgrade CJSF (especially the singes part).

Perhaps we will see Russ Andrews offering this on their website soon. :)

I had that done at the barbers last week. Seriously. They lit this torch-thing, like out of Indiana Jones, and then flicked my ears with it.

First time that's happened...and I thought I'd only signed up for the eyebrow trimming option.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Al ears said:
It's a bit of an extreme upgrade CJSF (especially the singes part).

Perhaps we will see Russ Andrews offering this on their website soon. :)

I had that done at the barbers last week. Seriously. They lit this torch-thing, like out of Indiana Jones, and then flicked my ears with it.

First time that's happened...and I thought I'd only signed up for the eyebrow trimming option.

Was it a turkish barber, they do that in the one I go to.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:

112991828_640.jpg

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I may not be able to spell worth a dam . . . but I certainly can get 110% out of my hifi for not a lot of money! Looking forward to the next 5 or so musical winter months . . .

Currently listening to Karl Denver, early recordings, guaranteed all valve recording kit, no major compression, his hi-pitched nasal style will sort any system out, but get it right and it is a pleasure to listen to.

Begs the question in my mind . . . 'at some point, what I am listening to was transferred from analogue to digital, probably from a vinyl source, surface noise can be heard on occasions.

The transfer is superb, it may have been Spotify doing it? What turntable/cartridge/arm/amplification has been used'? It really is that good, not saying all Spotify is of this quality, but I listen a lot to these old 50's-60's recording, they so often bring out the best in the early, simple analogue recording technology of the era?

CJSF

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
CJSF said:
I may not be able to spell worth a dam . . . but I certainly can get 110% out of my hifi for not a lot of money! Looking forward to the next 5 or so musical winter months . . .

Currently listening to Karl Denver, early recordings, guaranteed all valve recording kit, no major compression, his hi-pitched nasal style will sort any system out, but get it right and it is a pleasure to listen to.

Begs the question in my mind . . . 'at some point, what I am listening to was transferred from analogue to digital, probably from a vinyl source, surface noise can be heard on occasions.

The transfer is superb, it may have been Spotify doing it? What turntable/cartridge/arm/amplification has been used'? It really is that good, not saying all Spotify is of this quality, but I listen a lot to these old 50's-60's recording, they so often bring out the best in the early, simple analogue recording technology of the era?

CJSF

I imagine Karl DEnver would sound better before my ears were syringed :)

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
CJSF said:

CJSF

I imagine Karl DEnver would sound better before my ears were syringed :)

. . . "I imagine Karl DEnver would sound better before my ears were syringed"

A thought, BigH . . . when did you last listen to Karl Denver . . . ?

As I say BigH, get everything in the system in harmony and its magic, have to many cracks papered over, and yes, you may be diving for the off switch! . . . is that the falt of KD?

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
I heard him yesterday and today, sorry he is just not for me.

Sorry what is your system that makes KD sound so good?

I can accept that individual artists do not float the boat of all, personal likes and dislikes. However, its the presentation that the system gives, especial now my ears have been don, I can hear the cleanness, no distortion and KD will distort a poorly controlled system.

I happen to like KD, maybe that is because there is do distortion to his voice, the question was 'why so clean', what analog to digital transfer was used, TT, cartridge, arm ,amps etc. Says a lot for my Icon amps and the Russian valves I use, also Spotify, normally talked down?

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Whatever floats your boat. :)

My formative years,the 60's, discovered hifi and women, married in 68 . . . I remember the era with fondness . . . 8)

Still dont answer my question, what transfer kit might have been used?????

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts