A/V Lip Sync issues

AdrianCoates

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a Sky+HD box linked up to my Onkyo 876 amp and just can't seem to get the Lip Sync set up correctly - have spent hours playing with the settings on box the Sky box plus the Amp

Does anyoneone have any suggestions where the optimal settings might be?

thanks

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Lip Sync issues i have seen from sky-hd setups are usually the wrong way round the audio is delayed already add more delay makes it worse.

The usual fix for this is to update the code on your sky box by unplugging the power cord, holding down the backup button on the box itself and plugging the power back in. Hold the backup button until you a message on the screen stating it is now downloading.

Hope this works for you it did for me...

AdrianCoates

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi - thanks for the advice

I've tried doing this but my SKY box just boots up as normal - do I have to hold down the backup button (presume the one ont he front of the box) for more than a couple of minutes?

Stack

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You have to hold the back up button down for about 20 to 30 seconds. The lights on the front of the box will all light up and it will begin updating itself.

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem. You hold the backup button down until the downloading message appears on the screen. It does take a while. Then the firmware downloads and updates which also takes a while. Eventually the lights go out on the box and it returns to standby mode. Remember to disconnect the power again to reboot it once the process is complete. This has worked for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts