A true great

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My bridge partner is a lady of Indian descent who knows little of western music but she has an enquiring mind. She sent me these texts tonight - "Have you got Reberta Flack records?" - "What a voice!".

Sadly she wasn't recorded well but I listened tonight and yes she was a true great IMO. Her voice transcends the poverty of the recordings.

Chris

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Covenanter said:
My bridge partner is a lady of Indian descent who knows little of western music but she has an enquiring mind. She sent me these texts tonight - "Have you got Reberta Flack records?" - "What a voice!".

Sadly she wasn't recorded well but I listened tonight and yes she was a true great IMO. Her voice transcends the poverty of the recordings.

Chris

Was?

IMO She has sung some of the most beautiful songs ever written

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Covenanter said:

Chris

What do you mean by not well recorded?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Sadly but is true, i haven't find a well recorded album from her, to much white noise in the back ground, but i do love and don't get enough of listening to "The first time i ever saw your face". the sentiment she puts in the performance is unique. i get chills every time i play that song!

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Macspur said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

Was?

Mac

I must admit I did think she had passed away but find she is still going at 77.

Chris

PS If anybody can recommend good recordings I'd love to hear them.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Macspur said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

Was?

Mac

I must admit I did think she had passed away but find she is still going at 77.

Chris

PS If anybody can recommend good recordings I'd love to hear them.

Good news! I thought perhaps I'd missed that news.

smiley-smile.gif

Mac

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
I only have her Best of, maybe best to use Spotity or Deezer to check out her recordings. Noy sure if HDTracks have any of hers.

if the masters are the same then the same outcomes will prevail, unless they do a serius remaster to remove that white noise...

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
BigH said:
I only have her Best of, maybe best to use Spotity or Deezer to check out her recordings. Noy sure if HDTracks have any of hers.

if the masters are the same then the same outcomes will prevail, unless they do a serius remaster to remove that white noise...

thats on all her recordings?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
BigH said:

i've two CD's from her and the same background noise are in the two albums.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
BigH said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
BigH said:

i've two CD's from her and the same background noise are in the two albums.

which albums?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BigH said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Roberta_Flack_-_First_Take.jpg

Her greatest album, absolutely brilliant.

Just playing that now, yes seems pretty good.

It's probably a bit more Jazz than her later work, plenty of great double bass on there, and some great covers. I don't own anyother albums by her, this one is all I need.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I WAS VERY VERY YOUNG WHEN MY DAD PLAYED MOST OF THESE TRACKS BRINGS BACK MOMERIES. CAN JUST ABOUT REMEMBER THEM SONGS. WERE CAN I BUY THESE SONGS NOW? I USED TO USED SOUL BROTHER RECORDS IN LONDON LONG TIME AGO NOT SURE THE SHOP IN STILL IN BUSINESS.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The 2006 best of appears on Spotify but some tracks are not available to play, don't understand way...? and the track "The first time i ever saw your face" is only available on the first album "First Take" from 69 and sounds just like the one i got on my two cds...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts