A tall order?

mcc28x

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post.

I have a very old Kenwood midi system from about 1982 (UD700) which has seen better days. I would like to improve upon this and have been looking through eBay for a bargain, there does seem to be some respectable kit being auctioned.

Thing is I have about £500 and would ideally like to get a decent amp, cd player, tuner, home cinema receiver and speaker system. dependent upon any cables I was lucky enough to obtain from my purchases I may need those aswell.

Bearing in mind how old my midi system is I thought that maybe there would be some suitable gear on eBay that I could go for that would represent a significant upgrade. So I guess I'm asking for advice maybe even suggestions of the kit to go for?

Obviously my biggest concern is that something could fail shortly after buying it, but I figured that if it hasn't cost so much then there is not too much to lose?

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi and Merry Christmas.

In my opinion, with the exception of the home cinema receiver, I really don't think you can do much better than invest in one of the Richer Sounds' seperates systems as seen here.

"Hi Fi System 3" at £329.95 for example is excellent value IMHO.

At least you know you're buying brand new kit, and you'll be getting a warranty.

Whilst Ebay is awash with potential bargains, you're alway staking a risk buying secondhand.

And the Cambridge Audio kit is almost always highly rated by What Hi-Fi.

But just like anything, "you pays your money and you takes your choice"
emotion-4.gif

Tony.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts