A-S500 + B&W 685S2?

sham4n

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I'd like to buy my first "true" stereo system. I have an offer to buy this set: Yamaha A-S500 + Yamaha CD-N500 + B&W 685S2. What do You think about these?

B&W and A-S500 have 5stars but will they work together with 5stars? :)

Welcome to the forum.

You say you have an offer to buy. Can you audition them first? Do they offer everything you think you might need (think of the future) in the way of features / connections?

How much do they want for the package?

Just asking as although they should go together well you never know until you actually get them together in your listening room.

Are yo buying from a dealer? If so you might haggle for some speaker cables / interconnects to be thrown in, and you are going to need stands for the speakers.

sham4n

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I listened B&W with Rotel RA-10 and Yamaha A-S300. Some violin concerts and everything was quite good but upper freq were to sharp (better in Yamaha than Rotel).

Then we changed Amp to Yamaha R-S700 and in my opinion this was almost it! Salesman said that A-S500 will be better, so here is my question :)

And the price is: 1333euro.

Speaker cable are Real Cable TDC 300(10euro/m) and Interconnects Audio Quest Big Sur (90e).

I thing that expecially CD-N500 is very good option(DLNA) + good CD.

BUT this is my first step in "real" sound, so maybe I'm wrong :) So I need a little help from You!

If the salesman said S500 would be better then ask him to get one to prove it to you.

The price seems reasonable but I would ask them to throw in speaker cable for free.

The CD-N500 is indeed well connected, I cannot say I've ever heard it though, only you can decide if it sounds any good when paired with the amp / speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts