A new type of Competition for us?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I thought it would be a cool idea to introduce a yearly readers award as well as the standard categories currently in operation.

The award would have a Budget, Mid-range and High End category.

There would be a part of the forum where pictures of forum users and readers systems could be posted.The pictures would be posted throughout the year and then a month before deadline each user gets to vote for their favourite in each category.

The winners would each get maybe a day or two with the team as they review new equipment and maybe a cheeky pair of speakers each.

Anyway I think it could be fun..................................but I guess I could be wrong

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a top idea
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

brittondave:

emotion-55.gif
I thought it would be a cool idea to introduce a yearly readers award as well as the standard categories currently in operation.

There would be a part of the forum where pictures of forum users and readers systems could be posted.The pictures would be posted throughout the year and then a month before deadline each user gets to vote for their favourite in each category.

The winners would each get maybe a day or two with the team as they review new equipment and maybe a cheeky pair of speakers each.

Anyway I think it could be fun..................................but I guess I could be wrong

emotion-21.gif
one vote of support from me anyway...would have a hope in hell of winning but think it's not a bad idea, though it miay bring out some of the nastier, competative side of some of the forum members ??!!

A

Anonymous

ricardo65:brittondave:

emotion-55.gif

emotion-21.gif
one vote of support from me anyway...would have a hope in hell of winning but think it's not a bad idea, though it miay bring out some of the nastier, competative side of some of the forum members ??!!
Sorry I meant 'Wouldn't have a hope in hell ...' !!! sorry !!

A

Anonymous

Ha ha yeah that could happen, however, I would say 99% of the members on here are probably decent people so it could all be ok. I for one know I would not stand a chance of winning!!!

A

Anonymous

I don't think I would either but it could be fun and it's the taking part don't you know.

A

Anonymous

Indeed! Could also help to get some of the occasional posters a bit more active on the forum as everyone discussed everyone elses set ups...

A

Anonymous

I've got no chance as I'm not computer savvy enough that I don't know how to send in a photo.

A

Anonymous

but you could take a photo in a traditional manner and post it to the magazine for them to scan and upload.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
brittondave:but you could take a photo in a traditional manner and post it to the magazine for them to scan and upload.

Yes, just send in the negatives and i'm sure Andrew, John or Clare could make time to pop down to the WHF darkroom to print them.

A

Anonymous

I meant after they had been developed......any way it was only an idea,,,,,

John Duncan

chebby:
brittondave:but you could take a photo in a traditional manner and post it to the magazine for them to scan and upload.

Yes, just send in the negatives and i'm sure Andrew, John or Clare could make time to pop down to the WHF darkroom to print them.

I suspect we could find somebody to do them...

D

Deleted member 2457

Messiah:If we are going to judge it based upon pictures (and I like the idea), who will beat THE_FORCE???

Have not seen him post for ages, used to really like his posts too
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I really hope the said " force" invites me round for an ice cold beer ( imagine the fridge) and maybe Band of Brothers Bluray

scene

Ok, maybe the Force is a shoe in for the high-end category of the readers's system award.
emotion-1.gif
But you could say once you've won an award in a given category, you can't win again... Then he'd (deservedly) win once and others would have a chance going forward. That's of course if he's not disqualified for being off-planet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts