A new pair of speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hai

I have a pioneer receiver, VSX-D814
I was thinking about a home cinema set first
Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 package, but since the subwoofer involved has a lot of problems (see the internet) I decided not to go for it
I can't find any other set, wtih the dimensions and good reviews of the Q Acoustics, which can be used for movies as well as music

So in the end I decided just to go for a good pair speakers (if necessary with a subwoofer)

Can anyone advice me a good pair of speakers, which are not too big, can be wall mounted and will be used in a space 5x5 mtr?
The speakers will hang behind me.

I am doubting already for such a long time and hope to get some good advice

thnx
Ron

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If you'd still like the QA 2000 5.1 setup but not the sub why not buy the speakers separately ?
It's made up of 4 x QA 2010 bookshelf at approx £100 per pair, and the QA 2000c Centre at about £100.
So you could get these for around £300 and then add a sub woofer as you wish.

A

Anonymous

Richard

what exactly is the use of a woofer and centre (I am not yet that into home cinema)

What is the difference between an active and passive woofer?

Which subwoofer would you advice then?

There is also a 5.1 package from Mission MX. Heard anything about it?

greetings

Ron

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The subwoofer will get down to the low levels where conventional speakers would struggle, think rumble of thunder war films etc. I was happy without a sub but then added one and realise now just the contribution it makes.
The centre like it says goes directly above or below the tv and is important for dialogue and other sounds in front of you. You wouldn't want to be looking to your left or right when the person speaking is right there in front of you on the screen. A good centre is a very important part of a 5.1 system.

Have done a quick google of your amp and it's pretty powerful (110W). A more technical person might have a different view but I question if it might be a bit overwhelming for the Q ACOUSTICS speakers and you might have to go careful with your volume levels. The QAs handle 75W according to tech.

The QA package received 5 stars from What Hi-fi and whilst there was a small issue with the sub. To get 5 stars I wouldn't have though it was very bad.

If you still fancy the QAs (& lots of people say nice things about them) perhaps think about an amp with a slightly more modest output.

Use the search facility in these forums to find other threads on these speakers.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
An active sub has amplification in it and will be powered whereas passive would rely on the amp.
TBH not sure which is best but my hunch is active is the way to go as most makers seem to do it this way.
Manufactures such as REL may be of interest.
Don't know about the missions.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Richard

KHT2005.3 also gets good reviews

100 watt speakers, can be used for music as well as movie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts