A month is a long time. Lektor 2 then?

lovstromp

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Having sold my Lektor 6's, this coming payday was supposed to be the day I ordered a pair of standmounts. I have explained elsewhere that I don't have the luxury of access to audition speakers up here in Greenland. Which is why I'm going by reviews and recommendations online.

The plan was to get either Dynaudio DM 2/6, DM 2/7 or the X12. But it now seems that I have to get a waterproof down jacket for a trip up north to supervise a monitoring programme amongst hunters.

I thought that I may as well get the DALI Lektor 2's for way below the prices of the Dyns. But if I really want dynaudios I'll have to wait yet another month without speakers. Question is: Is it worth it?

lovstromp

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Matthew. Was hoping you'd come with an opinion on this. Then if it is such an upgrade I think I'll only get the cables and stands first time around

matthewpiano

lovstromp:Thanks, Matthew. Was hoping you'd come with an opinion on this. Then if it is such an upgrade I think I'll only get the cables and stands first time around

No problems. The Lektor 2s are brilliant speakers for the money and I think they are better than pretty much everything else at their price point, but you have to be realistic about these things. I heard a pair of DM2/6s recently and thought they were fabulous - that bit more open and dynamic than the Lektor 2s and more detailed, though still retaining excellent integration across the frequency range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts