A Little Help With My Setup Please.

Gavvo

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, new guy here just seeking a little advice from people in the know.
I currently own a Cambridge Audio Azur 640A/C/T V1 and a pair of Q Acoustics 2020i bookshelves that I use for listening pleasure, and although the amp has acquired a buzz/hum (psu problem so I'm told) I love it to bits and for £90 it ticks most of the right boxes.
I say "most" as I also use the amp for my DJ setup and it seems a bit of a waste, as well as a pain, to keep moving it when i want to habe a mix.

Question being, is there anything decent sounding out there to use as an amp purely for home DJ use. It only needs one set of phono inputs, speakers out and a volume control. I was thinking of making a Gainclone amp but I'm not sure my electronic/electric engineering is apt to undertake such a ask.

i don't have a massive budget (around £100) but this is just a basic amp I'm after.

Cheers in advance.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
See if you can get yourself something along the lines of a second hand NAD C320BEE via ebay etc...

Great amp, bags of power and control, it was an award winner in its day and built like a battleship too :D

Gavvo

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
There's a few on there and I'll probaly get one within budget. I don't mind humping speakers around but disconnecting the amp was becoming a pain.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Try one of these.....

A500__.gif

Behringer A500, £139 from Studiospares.

Gavvo

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of Behringer. A friend of mine has had mixers and reference monitors made by them and they aren't great.
That looks like an amp for studio referencing? I'm not after as flat a response as possible, I'd like a little sparkle as some of the music I play in my sets isn't the greatest produced stuff in the world. That would have been an ideal concept though.

TRENDING THREADS