A couple of Chord Electronics questions

baldy38

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I've been trying to find out about a couple of Chord Electronics products, but reviews are few and far between.

Has anyone had any experience of the Chord One CD player?

Likewise, what about their integrated amps, the CPM 2650 and CPM 3350. They're more expensive than a Leema Tucana, but are they better?

All views appreciated.

Thanks

Hi baldy38

I used Chord Electronics One CD player for three years :)

Are you currently using a Tucana amplifier?

Current source component/s?

What speakers will you be using?

What genre of music do you generally lsiten to?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

baldy38

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rick

Yes, I have a Tucana - plus B&W 805S speakers and a Rega Saturn.

I have a broad range of music tastes, mostly pop and rock but also some world music - from R.E.M. to the Beatles to Ali Farka Toure, including some classical as well.

So I've been wondering is the Tucana a match for or not as good as the two more expensive (but much older) Chord amps? Is the One anywhere near as good as a QBD76 (it's obviously a lot less flexible).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I lived with the CPM3300 for a few years but haven't heard the 3350 or the Tucana so its hard to compare.

Stereophiles review of the 3300 is acurate. Its fast, transient and dramatic with a very nice syrupy midrange, taut bass and sparkly highs. Its a very nice high-end amp with some very good engineering inside and out but not to everyones taste sound wise, if you want a laid back sound you wont get it with the Chord.

I loved it, it rocked... :rockout:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Chord is beautifully made, but imo a bit love or hate.

I personally don't get on with it, as I find the sound much too up-front and clinical, and there is no way I would change the Tucana for it....but that's my ears.

It may be exactly what you want, but tread carefully, as you already have a very good amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts