A Blu Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the Sharp BDH20 player, bought at the end of 07. It's now out of warranty and is a profile 1.0 player. Ah, the joys of early adoption. Broadly, I like the player and have had little trouble with it. Sharp have been helpful at sending upgrade discs and I've kept it up to date.
Here's the thing. After loading the last update disc (which cured a selectivity in loading most discs) there's now a problem with the audio, which wasn't there before. I output sound as linear PCM through analogue 5.1 into my amp. Anything in 2.0 (or lower) just outputs an incredibly low sound level. So much so that even when I turn the amp to FULL VOLUME, it's still hardly audible. This means that I can't (or hardly can) hear the extras on 'Lost' or 'Iron Man' or any of the audio on 'Zulu', main feature and extras.
5.1 plays fine. I've tried changing the output settings to 2.0 but that doesn't help either (and is a pain....).
Given that it seems to be the upgrade disc that did this ('Zulu' played fine before the upgrade), are Sharp right when they say that they can't fix it without charging me, given that it's out of warranty.
Sharp don't seem to know what's causing this problem, btw. Does anybody know what IS causing the problem, so I can fix it myself?
Or should I just bite the bullet and get another player, now that they're dropping in price?
I hate having to even contemplate this. Grrrrrr......

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
If it's only happened after applying the latest Sharp update, I think you should point out that manufacturer warranties 'do not affect your statutory rights', and you consider it their responsibility!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts