9 Sonos Beam tips, tricks and features

Scotttomo

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Good evening.

In this helpful article, it’s mentioned that the addition of the Sonos sub to a system with a beam as a central channel is overkill and unnecessary, yet in the review of the sub itself, it states the sub is a welcome addition to any Sonos music or cinema system.

I‘m currently in limbo about buying a beam and sub entertainment set from the Sonos website, which will be paired with my ones as my rears to make a 5.1 system.

I‘m confused about what to do, based on your slightly conflicting views.
Given that I have a 30% off discount from the trade up program and wanted to get the best deal for my money while I can, can someone please advise?

Yours, a slightly baffled AV novice.

Scott

amuse

Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
Good evening.

In this helpful article, it’s mentioned that the addition of the Sonos sub to a system with a beam as a central channel is overkill and unnecessary, yet in the review of the sub itself, it states the sub is a welcome addition to any Sonos music or cinema system.

I‘m currently in limbo about buying a beam and sub entertainment set from the Sonos website, which will be paired with my ones as my rears to make a 5.1 system.

I‘m confused about what to do, based on your slightly conflicting views.
Given that I have a 30% off discount from the trade up program and wanted to get the best deal for my money while I can, can someone please advise?

Yours, a slightly baffled AV novice.

Scott

I'm in the same boat. We have a Beam with 2x Play1 and it produces a nice surround sound. However, I've just ordered the Sub to complement the set-up. From the different reviews I'm reading, the Sub helps the Beam to produce clearer conversations in movies / TV, whilst at the same time of course adding the "oompf" for a true 5.1 experience.

The Sub (and Playbar) are both discounted 150 (Euro in my case) right now on the Sonos website.

And they offer 100 days no questions asked return policy. So in the worst case scenario, where I possibly don't like the addition of the Sub (I doubt it :), I can simply return it.

SteveR750

I have the sub, and swap it between music system (with 2 x Play 5 in stereo pair) and home cinema. It's an odd comment to say it's a blunt instrument, as it's not an especially large or powerful sub by any means, and you can tune it's sound independently anyway so it's effect can easily be modulated. It doesn't quite have the same effect on the Beam as it does with the Play 5, as in removing some of the heavy lifting and freeing up the units to deliver mid and high frequency with greater clarity; but it certainly adds a significant amount of heft to explosive sound tracks. I'd argue that you really do need the Sub with a Beam, there is a reason why most small soundbar systems from the likes of yamaha, samsung and Denon all have wireless subs. I should add that unsurprisingly it's really easy to swap the sub between my two systems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts