8K streaming isn’t coming anytime soon, and that’s a good thing

RichSM

Sep 9, 2021
Visit site
Really great points there. A lot of streaming services like Netflix compress 4K so much that even a 1080p Bluray will generally look better, so I wouldn't have high hopes for 8K. Besides, you'd need a fibre connection to really be able to stream that in any sort of decent quality and although fibre is getting more widespread in the UK it's not yet common.
There's also the limitations of the human eye to consider. At some point, you simply can't go any higher unless you're using a magnifying glass to watch your TV. We'll probably reach that point in a couple of decades or so. And then you need to focus on quality rather than resolution.

CLL

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
Stupid click bait article. This article offers no real reason why no 8k streaming is good other than it costs more. Wow, that is so bold and deep! Thank goodness there are no steaming options! It would be truly terrible to have a choice on higher quality viewing! I live in a town in plain old Kansas with a little over 20k people and pay $89 a month for gigabit speed. I don’t mean to sound mean, but I’ve thought that this website was of reasonably good in the past, but I would like the time that I wasted on this click bait article.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts