7.1 on PS3 without hdmi cable

poq

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,I'm looking for a way to use 7.1 on my PS3. The problem is that I have no device able to receive hdmi audio signal because my hdmi cable is already connected to my projector which reads only video signal.My audio receiver is a Dolby Digital sound processor (that means I probably cannot read any DTS sound btw) and it has no hdmi input anymore.So I have to use an optical cable (toslink toslink) as only choice but it's limited to 5.1. Is there any cable on earth able to send a 7.1 sound signal from a PS3 other than with a hdmi cable ?

poq

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Upgrade seems to be the only solution indeed.

It's a "Dolby Digital Sound Processor Cinema CP750", I guess it's pretty old now.

What do you mean by not having 7.1 channel analogue outs ? If you use a HDMI cable as sound signal, you can active several 7.1 signals (PCM) by the PS3 sound menu. And I read on the net that some games are 7.1 like Uncharted, Killzone, GT5, etc.

Thx for your link, looks very interesting.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
poq said:
Upgrade seems to be the only solution indeed.

It's a "Dolby Digital Sound Processor Cinema CP750", I guess it's pretty old now.

What do you mean by not having 7.1 channel analogue outs ? If you use a HDMI cable as sound signal, you can active several 7.1 signals (PCM) by the PS3 sound menu. And I read on the net that some games are 7.1 like Uncharted, Killzone, GT5, etc.

Thx for your link, looks very interesting.

Wow that does sound old.

BigBoss is right about analogue outputs. The PS3 only has 2 channel analogue. At least the older ones did anyway.

Some BD players have 8 (7.1) analogue outputs on the back that allow you to connect them to an older AV Receiever. Some DVD players had the same for 5.1

If you get and AVR that can do 7.1 I suggest you set the PS3 to Bitstream and let the amp do the audio decoding. It will out do the PS3 and the internal decoder in the PS3 is not that good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts