6 Speakers AMP

EdoEli

May 17, 2022
Hello,

I am about to purchase n.6 JBL control 1 pro speakers.
What amp should I buy to connect all 6?
I am looking for a cheap solution.
Thank you

EdoEli

May 17, 2022
I need to play music in two different big rooms and I thought I would need 3 speakers in each.
Maybe I am wrong

treesey

May 18, 2015
Three in each? Normally it's either 2, or 5.1 / 7.1 / 9.1 and you can always have another subwoofer if the amp can provide the output.

And are these JBLs not 'small' speakers? I know nothing about them, but I can't see how they would sound good in big rooms?

Reactions: Al ears

EdoEli

May 17, 2022
Okay, thank you for your replies.
So maybe the best solution would be 4 speakers.

Can you suggest me something with a budget of £350 for speakers and amp?

I was thinking about ceiling speakers, but that would cost me lots for installation.
Bluetooth speakers, but I am not sure the signal would go through the glass partition.
So...I am a bit lost
I am attaching a 3d layout of the place

Attachments

Just wondered where that budget came from when JBL Control 1 Pro speakers seem to be £150 per pair.
However you'll need four cheap speakers and a second-hand integrated stereo amp with an A/B speaker selection switch which many have.

bigfish786

Jan 29, 2013
They will make noise. They won’t be high fidelity.
if you want really good hifi quality sound, then I think it’s back to the drawing board.
get two separate setups.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021

I was thinking about ceiling speakers, but that would cost me lots for installation.
Bluetooth speakers, but I am not sure the signal would go through the glass partition.
So...I am a bit lost

As long as you don't need surround sound and the like the best multi-room solution is Sonos. if you want you can have them all playing at once or just little zones and/or different music in each room. Or you could have a surround sound zone and then a music zone. Ie Sonos beam in one room and play ones in another.

but they are over budget BUT you can buy one at a time as and when money allows.

treesey

May 18, 2015

So...I am a bit lost
What is your source going to be?

But to answer your direct question - I think most Arcam amps have A and B speaker outputs, certainly the older ones do. Speakers I don't have any direct knowledge of good cheap 2nd hands - Kefs or Wharfedales spring to mind?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts