545Bee arrived yesterday, am loving it!

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
My Pioneer 51FD Blu-ray player was hopeless at reading music discs, got a good deal for the NAD and been listening to music all day, loving how it just bounces along with all types of music, really enjoying it, very solid bass as has been said before, smooth, warm and detailed without over analysing things, just good fun. In last 2 months have added Dynaudio excite 12's, Chord Carnival Silver screen speaker cable and Wireworld luna 6 interconnect, all that is left is the dedicated amp to use instead of my Sony 1200es. Each addition done at different times, each piece of the puzzle just makes things better and better. First time I have really been happy with what I have with my budget taken into account :) LOVING IT!!!!!!

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on the new purchase - any chance of posting some system photos? I feel there ought to be more of this show and tell approach if members are willing! In regard to the C545, its always been one of my favourites - simple yet very impressive musically - enjoy!
emotion-21.gif

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
You've got a great setup there. The C545 with the X12s is a sweet combo. I'm not surprised you're happy with it.
emotion-21.gif

Both the X12s and the C545 are bargains for what you get. Best in class IMO.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
What amp you gonna get? A NAD to match?

I reckon NAD gear is fantastic value for money. I went with a mate who wanted to spend £1000 on hi fi about 10 years ago and we left the shop with a NAD amp and CD player with Mordant Short speakers. The sound blew me away! Really neutral and with beautiful clarity (I was very jealous!)

Had I not been lucky enough to come into a bit of cash to by Naim kit I reckon I'd definitely have gone NAD - I reckon Arcam and Marantz are very over rated - well that's probably not fair - they just have a sound that doesn't do it for me. I had a Marantz CD63 with an Arcam Alpha 8 amp and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Glad you're enjoying it - stay in on these cold nights and listen and listen!

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Guys,

I wont post any photos at the moment as the set up is a bit of a mess, but hoping to fix that soon.

Roger06 - I am in Darwin Northern Territory Australia, not many cold nights here mate, but still wont stop me from many nights in listening away. Amp is going to have to wait for a few months when budget allows. Testing kit here is impossible and prices are crazy A Cyrus 6xp amp is $2500AUD here which is equivalent to about 1575 pound! Therefore I am limited to brands or distributors that don't have such massive mark ups. NAD and Rotel seem fairly priced here have considered a Rotel RA-1520, even decent 2nd hand amps are hard to come buy here. Will let you all know once I buy!

Thanks again!

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Great CD player - I use it with a Rotel RA02 amp into Revolver RW16 speakers and get a very natural, out of the box sound. Turntable in this system is a Rega P3-24/TTPSU.

With the 545BEE it's worth getting a good interconnect and mains cable, though a figure of 8 is hard to come by.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
ABM78:

Roger06 - I am in Darwin Northern Territory Australia, not many cold nights here mate, but still wont stop me from many nights in listening away. Amp is going to have to wait for a few months when budget allows.

I doubt you've ever had a cold night then !! All I remember about my (backpacking) visit to Darwin was sweating - and trying to stretch out a food shopping trip in Woolworths as long as poss as they had good air con!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts